Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ode to Calista...and Memorial Day.

Memorial Day weekend marked a new adventure for us! Rather than stay home and watch "House", we were invited to go on a rough-and-tumble hike on Mt. Aire. Talk about beautiful. It was about a 4.5 hour hike, complete with muddy (MUDDY!) trails, gila monsters, beautiful views, fun friends, and blazing-our-own-trail-complete-with-yelps-of-pain fun times. No joke about that last one too. We still have scratches and bruises. :) We took the opportunity to have as much fun as possible. We climbed all over these mountains like little billy goats.
It's fun to be in college. :)
A Hill With a View - it was so pretty up top.

The waterfall by Joe's cabin. Taken by the amazingly talented Bryce Gandy. Nature is awesome.
More nature. I just love this lush, green stuff, ok?
Sarah and me, looking hot. Yes, she's wearing my sweater. I'm wearing Chase's. :)
Bryce, looking like an old man having a heart attack. While laughing. Man, we had so much fun!
Calista and Shana, trying not to fall. Or, they are doing Anne of Green Gables impressions. Hilarious, either way.
If anyone can name the constellation I have in freckles on my face, I will give them a dollar.
Shana, shana, shana.... Yes folks... That's a gila monster on her head. It was actually really cute. :)
All of us, at the top-ish. Pretty, pretty, pretty!


Now for something completely different:
OOOOH CALISTA! She leaves next monday for lake powell/grand canyon/oregon - and leaves ST2 forever...ish. Depression!! what was she thinking? Ok, missions are good things. But I'll still miss my friend. Fearless slayer of bees and spiders, maker of amazing cookies, companion in secret missions, laugh-inducing, brian-regan-quoting champion, goofy-running chica, flower stealing enabler, all around freaking awesome friend. First Idaho, now Russia! Why are you always leaving me?? I'll wave to you when we're in the same hemisphere again.

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know you blogged! How fun! I will send you an invite to mine! =)

    Your hike had a spectacular view! Will you tell us the constellation anyways?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you girls! And Calista.... all growed up.

    Did I notice that you guys went hiking in even numbers of boys and girls? Does this mean something?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Point the First, Summer Triangle. 10,000,000,000,000,000 cool points, to me.
    And number B, I pretty much love that I'm pretty much the whole point of this post. Hiking... fine. But me? Bahaha. I win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and also: Me = Flower-stealing enabler? Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Point 1: NOT SUMMER TRIANGLE!!! hahahahaha
    Point 2: you do enable me and becca - you point out places that i should go next!

    ReplyDelete