Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Pursuit of Happiness

Day by day it seemed like nothing was changing, until suddenly I woke up yesterday and realized I had been wonderfully happy for the past two weeks. January was so hard and I swear there was a night I could actually feel the devil laughing at me, but (as I wrote in my journal) I got through it, and I feel so much better. "[Here] but for the grace of God go I."
I loved this talk by Elder Busche. The whole thing is excellent, and this clip is really extraordinary. 
Notable quotes: "Avoid at all costs any negative, pessimistic or criticizing thoughts. If you cannot cut them out, they will do you harm." SO TRUE. "Be grateful for every opportunity to serve. It helps you more than those you serve."

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad that it's better rn for you than in january. january is such a bummer. also, that quote is SO GOOD. imma read this whole talk.

    ReplyDelete