Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Airports

I am sitting in PDX airport right now. I think that PDX is the prettiest and friendliest airport. I'll give Oregon that. I like that it's green, HUGE windows, carpeted, and not confusing.
SLC gets a C-.... I can't stand that airport.
Atlanta gets an A for entertainment, but a D for being confusing, underlit, and intimidating. But the people are friendly.
Seattle gets a B-. (Sorry Seattle friends!)
Thinking about ariports makes me wonder what I'll think of other airports I've not been to, but will soon experience. Frankfurt. Paris. London. Madrid.

5 weeks 1 day 20 hours.

Have you ever wondered why strangers don't reach out and talk to each other? I see a lot of people flying alone, sitting awkwardly next to each other, and not talking. In my experience most people I meet in the airport or on planes are fascinating. One time I even met a guy who told me about an internship at his buisness, which I applied for. I wonder if people have lost the art of conversation. If we only know how to talk to people we've known for a while. Has the whole "don't talk to strangers" mantra we learned as children become "don't talk to people. period."?
HA. What a paradox. We have the most capacity to communicate (EVER) and we don't actually talk.
I'm tired of looking at my computer screen. I think I'll talk to someone now.

No comments:

Post a Comment