Monday, February 25, 2013

Ugh....

      Remember how I'm supposed to take advantage of all my opportunities and live the high life?! That so didn't happen this weekend.
I watched 4 movies, moaned pitifully on my bed, and glared at my wall when sad thoughts came into my head.
      When I read old books about people who were solitary for long bouts of time, I wonder if I would have gone crazy or been okay. If this weekend was a measure, I prolly would have gone crazy. By Sunday night I was recreating those solo dance parties from Germany. And chastising myself Gollum-style. I guess crazy isn't far from me.
      On the up side, I read some, which is like a balm. Here's a great quote from one of the gentlest souls who ever lived. This is from the autobiography of Jacques Lusseyran, a French resistance fighter during WWII, who went blind when he was 8.
"Colors, shapes, even objects, the heaviest of them, all had a vibration. And today, every time I assume the attitude of tender attention, I find the same vibration once again. In those days, when people asked me what was my favorite color, I always answered "green." But I learned later that green was the color of hope."
     Lusseyran was captured during WWII and sent to a concentration camp. He talks about light and humanity and blindness and compassion in the most interesting and sincere ways. I love his book, And There Was Light. 


No comments:

Post a Comment