Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Geeked out

I WENT TO THE AIR AND SPACE MUSEUM AND IT WAS MARVELOUS AND FANTASTIC AND I SAW THE APOLLO 11 CAPSULE (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) AND A MOON ROCK GUYS I TOUCHED THE BIG BEAUTIFUL MOON WHO IS MY SOUL SISTER WE'RE BASICALLY BFFS NOW.

This was a public service announcement. Brought to you by the letter M.

But for real, they had so many interesting things about flight and planes. I learned a lot about jets and planes, and then I got to play tour guide in the space part. I love space, did you catch that?
My friend Jayson teased me for beelining (bee-lining? belining? whatever) towards a huge globe that used to be owned by the CEO of PanAm. The globe goes up to the waist of an adult, and the CEO used to map out flights on that thing. It was lovely. I like globes and old things, okay?
It goes without saying that the space stuff was ah-mah-zing. We even went to a planetarium show about detecting planets. It was really neat because it related to the work I did in Germany and some of the classwork I did at BYU. Light profiles and variable stars and what-have-you.
DID I MENTION ABOUT THE PART ABOUT THE MOON ROCK CAUSE I FEEL LIKE MAYBE YOU FORGOT THAT BIT. I touched the moon, nbd. High point of my life, really.
who doesn't love the moon?!

1 comment:

  1. That is, without doubt, one of the coolest places on earth. I could happily spend days in there.
    And yeah, it was amazing touching the moon rock. ;-)

    The only place I've seen that even comes close is the DeutchesMuseum (sp?) in Munich.

    Glad you got to see it, hope you got to see the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete