Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Introvert Myth

It seems that introverts get a lot of flack for being...well, introverted. And since these past two month have been a whirlwind of busy and adventure and newness, I have had to schedule alone-time. Yes, this introvert cat meme understands me!
Let me take a minute to clear something up for them that don't know: introverts are not necessarily shy! INTROVERTS ARE NOT NECESSARILY SHY. That's like the biggest myth about us. ever. In fact I have met many a shy extrovert. It happens. I have never been shy, but if you put me around people non-stop for more than 8 hours a day, pretty soon I become unbearably snarky and huffy. yeah, huffy.
And extroverts seem to have a real issue with people who seem to just want to get away. I'll give them that though. It seems humanity evolved to be in a community, and I'll bet you introvert cavewomen went along with it  in order to get along and probably cause their husbands and childrens were all like "come plaaaaaay with meeeeee!!!" and really, who can resist that?
So, in a shameless plug for introverts everywhere, if I say I want to do something alone, or not play with you, or simply don't talk about awesome things in my life, it's not you, my extrovert friend. It's me. We can still be friends though.

2 comments:

  1. amen.amen.amen.amen. people totally don't believe me when I tell that I'm an introvert... but it isn't about being outgoing or shy... it's where you draw your energy. and I go internal for my energy!!! TASHA TIME = AWESOME TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drah mah potenshal enirgie from mah mass tims gravy times hite and i get my kinneteck enershy from have my mas times veloshishy^2.

    dus this make mah introfart or extrafart?

    ReplyDelete