Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring (or not) and avoiding responsibility...

This weekend was the annual Festival of Colors at the Hare Krishna temple in Spanish Fork. This means that a bunch of Mormon kids learned a little about a different religion and had fun throwing colored chalk at each other. The festival of colors has a multi-layered story, but my favorite part is the point that we throw colors to welcome spring.
This was my first year attending. It was blast! I couldn't breathe for a few minutes because of all the chalk in the air, and there was chalk in my nose, ears, eyes, throat.... everywhere! Good thing it isn't toxic!
Here is some of the group that I went with. Observe that my shirt was white, once upon a time.
The huge crowd, after most of the dust had settled. Last year there were 11,000 people in attendence. They think even more were there this time.
More of my group, right after we were done throwing. I like how Shana looks gray.... hahaha
This is from Holly's bday party on friday night. It was a "gangsta's or geeks" theme. Can you doubt that I went as a geek?? It's so much fun to dress up like that. Calista and I went as geeks together, and I must say, we're pretty hot. I just love these goofy pictures.
So, I'm taking a really hard test this saturday, and I'm not looking forward to it (and even that's an understatement). I'm handling it very well, if I do say so myself, by completely avoiding reality and pretending that it doesn't exist. I know I'm going to pass it this time, hands down, so I'm not even going to worry about it.
:)

2 comments:

  1. i'm sad i didn't see you at the hari krishna festival, but it looks like you guys had way a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. False. I'm quite certain that those Mormon kids did not actually learn anything about another religion. I sure as heck didn't.

    ReplyDelete