Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Heidelberg Home

After a long and uneventful flight, i made it to heidelberg, and have settled in nicely. Tomorrow, i head down into town to do more exlporing. maybe i'll make it across the river this time and see the castle!!
random thoughts: HD is BEAUTIFUL. it really is your quintessential german town - dormer windows, curly facades, colorful buildings etc; one word - chocolate!! ; the milk here is DIVINE, i love it so so so much; running in the forest is the best way to run; too many people smoke; missionaries are wonderful people who are very helpful to a girl who doesn't know what she's doing; teaching myself german on the fly is hilarious; jet lag sucks; I'M SO EXCITED TO BE HERE!!!!!!!
below are pictures from my cute little place. i thought i would at least have to share the kitchen with someone... turns out i don't! my apartment is so cool.

I love the orange chairs in my kitchen... they give it such a lively touch. Also, the plant on the far left is the one i named Shana. :)
More kitchen. I wonder if MPIA thought I'd be entertaining... I have enough dishes for a 4 course meal for 8 people!
My living/sleeping area. Notice that the desk is already messy. oh my....

here is a video of the place, in case you miss my voice, or the pictures were not enough. Isn't it adorable??

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun little studio! We loved the tasteful lamp and artwork. Liked hearing your voice, made me lonesome for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cynthia! i love it! i haven't watched the video yet, since i'm at work, but i will try and get my internet to work when i get home today so i can hear your voice and think of you longingly. :)

    ReplyDelete