Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The wise ones

Oh teeth of wisdom
you finicky things!
Can't you see that my
top jaw has room for only one of you
and the bottom, room for a half?

"No!" you cry, and push
your way mercilessly into my mouth.
Ouch.

And YOU, #17.
How dare you rest on
my trigeminal nerve?!?!
Potentially causing
numbness for life.
Shame on you.

But I [almost] got the best of you.
You won't make me get braces.
POOF! you're all gone.

And I am drugged
Like a hippy.
At Woodstock.

Why did everyone tell me
that these drugs were good?
They make me nauseous.
And dizzy. oooo the dizziness....

Don't they know I have
A thesis to write?
They don't care.
ugh.


This is the kind of poetry I come up with at 2AM. When I'm high on whatever drug they gave me, and yet still in pain... I should be an apprentice to Shel Silverstein.
At least I have pudding and applesauce. That makes the world better.

2 comments:

  1. atleast you're productive under medication. I just sat on the couch and watched 2 seasons of the West Wing

    ReplyDelete