Thursday, February 26, 2009

What a nerd....

Would you all like to know how nerdy I truly am? Well, let me tell you a little story...
Today I was doing my homework (vector calculus, FYI), and I could feel the pencil in my hair starting to slip. I usually have a pencil in my hair b/c I lose them all the time. The hair pencil is my backup. Anyway, I could feel it slipping out, so I pushed it back in. Then I thought, "how did I know it was slipping?" Then (here is the nerdiness...) I answered, "Well, the pencil exerts a torque on your hair strands - Force times distance. Gravity is the force, the length of the pencil is the distance. Easy!"
See? Physics is taking over my soul! Even my backup pencil can't escape. What is the world coming to??
On a lighter note, I've fallen in love all over again with Brad Paisley's music, and DMB. Sometimes I forget how good these musicians really are. But I always find my way back again...

1 comment: