Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Temples, candy, fairy-tales, oh my!

Last Saturday the YSAs in this huge area went to the Frankfurt temple to do baptisms. I was so excited - this is something I know and love and understand. Walking on the grounds was fantastic, the building was exquisite, and the experience lovely. One of the missionaries asked me if it was weird to do the work in german, and I said, "not really. Different language, different building, same spirit, same love." Next time, though, I'll remember to plug my nose on the way down. :)



This store is AMAZING! it's a big candy store in the university district. I love it. Picture an off the wall shop. Dark and a little dank inside, thick carpets cover the floors, and it's really narrow. Lined with jars and jars of all different types of candies. SO FUN! I tried this interesting thing unique to france - it was a lychee/pear jelly square. mmmm it was yummy. When you come to Heidelberg, I highly reccommend this place. it's Plock 52, just off the Hauptsrasse. The best part though? The guy in the dentist's chair in the window display, warning you of the ills of too much candy. hahahahaaaa
This is an aerial view of where I work. You see the main facility at center, the telescopes at left, and then this little building to the right? I live in that building to the right. It's a great place.
The forest near me is stunning. I love to walk around, find new trails, and see those silly red/copper squirrels running around. Last summer I had a love affair with the arboretum at U of I. This fall, I'm in love with the Marchen Paradesie.

No comments:

Post a Comment