Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Mall, the job, the sights, the art

Today I had a Big City Adventure!
   I took my little 'ol self and my new metro card (that was given to me by the family I am currently living with. They are so kind and nice. And funny!) and I went to work.
   Well, not really work. I just had to go figure out where I am supposed to go to work, and how all my first-day things will work out.
   I mean what I am about to say with all the passion I am capable of feeling: I WORK IN THE PRETTIEST BUILDING IN THE UNITED STATES CAPITAL. Fo' realsies. Here is a picture:
                               I WORK IN A FRENCH STYLE PALACE.
   I don't care how un-American that sounds. That building was stunning. HA! Take that White House!
   After I was done oggling my new workplace, we walked down the mall, and I saw the Washington Monument, the Capitol Building, various and sundry Smithsonian buildings and monuments, and spent a long long time in the National Gallery of art. They have the unfinished David-Apollo by Michelangelo, which is super interesting. But the real David is better.
   GUYS I WORK IN A FRENCH PALACE. IN CASE YOU FORGOT. CAUSE I DIDN'T.
   The Mall is so lovely. I have a feeling I will spend many a lunch break walking there and enjoying the sun. It reminds me very much of Hyde Park. I also found out DC has a Pret A Manger. I am so excited to be here!
   After toddling around the super touristy sights, I went to Georgetown. Holy-super-cute! ah! I loved it. That town looks like something off a Christmas card. We went to get cupcakes (at Sprinkles AND Georgetown cupcakes - cause I have to compare the two! Sprinkles won with a stunning s'more cupcake.)
   I am very excited to be here. I had such a careful and meticulous plan for my life and it did not include...well....anything I've done. But what's life without a little adventure?

No comments:

Post a Comment