Saturday, January 22, 2011

thoughts on a saturday night


today i walked through a different kind of fairy tale place. it was beautiful!

1. Indian curry in London is about a bajillion times better than Indian curry in Provo. Or Portland.
2. Especially Thai Green Curry. And Chinese food.
3. I saw stained glass windows by Chagall. Wonderful. See it here!
4. London is wonderful. To be honest, I didn't love it instantly... I was worried about that. I loved the Königsthul the second I got there, but London had to grow on me. Now, I love it as much as I loved Germany, but there was an adjustment period. I definitely am a country girl, and it took time to morph into a city girl. But now I jay-walk and take short cuts and know where to find good deals like the rest of them.
5. April is looming and it worries me.
6. I went to a traditional English pub and had traditional food. There was a real fire and real candles and real flowers! Loved that.
7. My job is amazing and you should all be waaaaaaay jealous. I catch bad guys!
8. Cornish pasties are also amazing.
9. I'm talking about food way too much in this post.
10. But what the heck, lets add English chocolate which is even better than German, Swiss and Belgian chocolate. BOOM roasted.
11. Yesterday as I was walking to work (and taking a shortcut) a scary old guy reached out and grabbed me as I was walking past him. A little nerve wracking... Probably won't take that shortcut again.
12. I got to ride in an armored embassy car. Be jealous.
13. And see the Rosetta Stone, the original Van Gogh Sunflowers, and also some really great Monet pieces. Also, the Dutch masters are really that - Masters.
14. I miss seeing stars. It's either cloudy or too polluted here.
15. I've thought about one person way too much this week.
16. I get lots of compliments on my necklaces and earrings. YAY!
17. Community is back!
18. Brother, sister, and sister-in-law are coming to visit. BEST THING EVER.
19. Cute boy in church. Get to see him tomorrow!
20. I'm just so happy.

Life is good people! Life is GOOOOOOOOD. "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - St. Augustine. That saint knew his stuff.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I don’t think that I like Curry? I will have to try it there and see how I feel.
    5. April is when I come!! Be HAPPY!!!!
    6. Want to go there!!
    7. I am, way jealous.
    11. BE SAFE DAMMIT!! MOM WILL NOT BE ALOWED TO HEAR THIS PARTICULAR STORY!!
    12. Again, jealous… what was it like? Does it kinda look like the pope-mobile?
    14. Yeah, I miss the stars too.
    15. WHO, WHO, WHO???? WHO!!!!
    17. meh. Never watched it…
    18. Yes, we are coming, and we are over excited methinks. So EXCITED!!!
    19. Don’t marry him!! HAHA
    20. I’m happy for you!! I love the blog, and I want to be there with you RIGHT NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read #11, and decided that Cynthia handled it well! And I'm glad she's going to avoid that path in the future. I didn't fall over in a panic attack, with the need for smelling salts etc! I'm not some kind of hot house orchid that can only be looked at from a distance!

    ReplyDelete